Systems West Engineers provides the highest quality mechanical, electrical, and commissioning engineering services to public agencies and private owners throughout the Pacific Northwest. Our success is founded on exceptional technical capabilities, a wealth of field experience, and an absolute commitment to the success of each project.
At Systems West Engineers, we are making every effort to minimize the impact of the current situation surrounding COVID-19, and we are following state and national recommendations and mandates. We have implemented the following to limit exposure for not only our staff, but our clients, sub consultants, and other partners:
- Systems West has implemented a work-from-home policy.
- All Systems West external meetings are being held by phone or video conferencing whenever possible.
- All travel has been suspended with the exception of construction site visits that cannot be conducted virtually.
- We will work closely with clients to establish the best approach to any required onsite testing or site evaluations.
- We have implemented a variety of protocols which follow local guidelines to increase the safety of staff and visitors, including additional sanitization measures.
Over the summer, Systems West installed multiple Global Plasma Solutions (GPS) FC48 bipolar ionizers on the HVAC units in our building. According to GPS, the technology of these units “produce high levels of positive and negative ions, delivering them to the space via the ventilation system. Within the air stream, ions attach to particles, where they combine, become larger, and are more easily filtered form the air. When ions come in contact with pathogens, they disrupt the pathogens’ surface proteins, rendering them inactive.”
GPS says the ionizers provide particle reduction and smoke control; neutralize odors by destroying VOCs; kill pathogens (bacteria, viruses, mold); may help control allergens and asthma; and result in an energy savings of 30% by reducing outdoor air intake by up to 75%.
Several of our staff members quickly noticed an improvement of the air quality in the office. In addition, during the local wildfires when our area was infiltrated with heavy smoke, the ionizers help reduce the smell of smoke within the office space, making our office a healthier place to work.
We continue to monitor the influx of information including public health recommendations and will modify our approach as necessary to encourage the safety of our staff, clients, sub consultants, and other partners. We are all available by phone or email to answer questions. Contact information can be found in email signatures, or you can call our main phone number, 541.342.7210, or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.